Digilocker services are coming to WhatsApp. Yes, Digilocker on WhatsApp. In an initiative to make government services accessible, government has announced that citizens will now be able to use the MyGov helpdesk on WhatsApp to access the Digilocker service.
What is DigiLocker?
DigiLocker is a flagship initiative of Ministry of Electronics & IT (MeitY) under Digital India program. DigiLocker aims at ‘Digital Empowerment’ of citizen by providing access to authentic digital documents to citizen’s digital document wallet.
To get more about this Digilocker and how to sign up for your account, check here.
Digilocker on WhatsApp
- To have Digilocker on WhatsApp, save the number +91 9013151515 on your WhatsApp installed mobile phone.
- Send “Hi” to the saved number on your WhatsApp. It will bring up an interface with two options CoWin services and Digilocker services. Choose Digilocker from that interface.
- Now you need to authenticate yourself by using your mobile number which is connected with your Aadhaar.
- Once authenticated, it will bring up the documents that are available with your Digilocker account.
- Now you can download the required documents from the list by authenticate with an OTP
Services you can avail from MyGov Helpdesk on WhatsApp offer
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- CBSE Class X passing certificate
- Vehicle registration certificate (RC)
- Two wheeler insurance policy
- Class X and XII marksheets